Lights, Camera, Pause!

Abraham Rivera, Staff Writer

Year after year we encounter scenes from some of our favorite movies, however it is not until a YouTube video or a Buzzfeed article that we pause and rethink about the scenes we thought were completely normal.
We tracked some of the fans’ favorites and traced what we thought some actors said and did versus what actually happened.
The first theory comes from clipd.com and is about Professor Snape, in the Harry Potter series. This theory states that the first words Snape said to Harry were secretly sweet.

Snape said, “What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of woodworm?”

At first glance, this seems like a question that he used to try to intimidate Harry, but according to Victorian Flower Language, asphodel is a lily that means, “My regrets follow you to the grave,” and wormwood represents bitter, sorrow and absence. Snape was really trying to say that he bitterly regrets the death of Lily.

In the next theory, we venture into the Batcave in The Dark Knight Rises. At the end of the movie, Bruce never did get the autopilot fixed, and really does die in the end of the film. Alfred’s vision in the cafe is simply the projection of a heartbroken old man.

This theory from looper.com, regarding Back to the Future definitely gets you thinking. It is based on how Doc Brown is actually suicidal. In the movie, we see Dr. Emmett Brown standing in the way of a speeding DeLorean, his life only saved by the fact that it jumps back in time as he watches. Could it be that Doc’s first goal was to get himself killed, and that is why he has been so focused in his experiments?

New movies are on the rise, and even they do not have protection against theories based on plot, characters etc. In the new movie called Suicide Squad, there is a theory going around that the Joker is actually Jason Todd (AKA Robin).
There appears to be evidence in the promotional material, such as how the Joker’s old age and two scars that appear as bullet holes in Robin’s old suit have convinced many people to believe it true.

Another new movie theory is in a galaxy far, far away. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens, there is a major theory that Luke is Rey’s father. Maybe she is just a relative? Or is she not even related to the Skywalkers at all? But maybe she is a new Force-sensitive linage. (whatculture.com)

These are just a couple of movie theories that can get you thinking.