More than just repetition

Back to Article
Back to Article

More than just repetition

Sydney Huynh, Staff Writer

Ever struggled to keep up with all your homework and classwork assignments? Ever dozed off in class or spent late nights trying to make up work? Here are some tips that could help you avoid this.

One of the most important things to remember is understanding what your personal strengths and weaknesses are in school. If you have a harder time understanding one subject over another, then try to spread your time evenly. Psychcentral.com emphasizes for students to review on our challenging topics, even when it you do not think you need to.

Before any major tests or important exams, such as the SAT or ACT, try not to cram everything the night before. OHS senior Jessica Sanchez urges to “always get a good night’s rest…without cramming all the material the night before or the morning of the assessment.”

Time management is crucial. OHS junior Nepthalye Vargas says, “You should study daily so you do not pile all of your work last minute.”  

Although getting good grades is important, it is more important to maintain your health. Sylvanlearning.com encourage students to try taking 15 minute breaks every two hours.

Other healthy habits include interacting with friends and family listed under psychcentral.com. This could be spending quality time with your family at dinner or studying together with classmates before big tests. OHS junior Adrianna Avila states “now that I study with my classmates I learn by helping my friends and vice versa.”

Practice and review your assignment from class and at home. Repetition is not key, but being able to understand the concepts of your material is. Before Blackwell passed his AP US History exam he “reviewed and retook old tests…if you are in an AP course previous assignments should somewhat symbolize what you study.”

Above all, congratulate yourself for putting in your best effort. Kstatecollegian urges students to know that confidence is key in the way you feel about yourself and your performance in school.