Best Album of 2016

Sara Crespo, Staff Writer

2016 was full of new and innovative music. New albums were released by numerous artists including Rihanna, Frank Ocean, and Travis Scott. With the Grammy’s coming in February this year, OHS students have their own ideas about who they think will prevail.
A poll was run through social media asking Ontario students what they thought the best album of this year was. The data was taken from over 200 students, through social media.
Students were able to choose from six albums, ranging from the artists Frank Ocean, Rihanna, Travis Scott, Kanye West, Drake, and J. Cole. If there was not the album they wanted to vote for, students had the option to fill in a response.
Results came in after the poll was open overnight.
Kanye West was the winner, Frank Ocean was runner up followed by Travis Scott. Nearly 12% of the results were free responses of other albums released this year.
Senior José Flores filled in a response for Beyonce’s album Lemonade.
“She’s my favorite artist. Her vocals are great and she’s so inspiring.”
As for the Grammy’s coming up, Flores has just as much confidence in Beyonce, “Of course she’s going to win everything, she’s number 1.”
As for the winner of the poll, Kanye West’s album The Life of Pablo, was nominated for 8 Grammy’s. Ontario student Anthony Castro supports his nominations, ‘Ultra Lightbeam’ is my favorite song on the album. It’s an uplifting song, all the features on the album really elevate it.”
Ontario students feel inspired by the music and connect to different artists. 2016 may have been a rough year, but it produced great vibes and great music.