The Jag Wire

Famous Stars and Straps

Back to Article
Back to Article

Famous Stars and Straps

Noemi Chaves, Staff Writer

In 1999, Blink-182 drummer, Travis Barker, set out to create a brand that embraced the California lifestyle, Famous Stars and Straps (FSAS). It was a reflection of his personal passions such as tattoo work, cars, and the punk rock image. The company, Famous Stars and Straps is based in Ontario, California.

Now, 4050 Greystone Dr, Ontario, CA 91761 is located the company who has created an international lifestyle of its own, one that dares to be different, and welcomes all those who live their lives with passion. With music at its core, Famous has drawn inspiration from car and tattoo culture to create a brand that speaks to the music and art enthusiast in all of us.

Famous Stars And Straps clothing and accessories are influenced by music genres such as punk rock and hip hop. The most recognized image from the brand is it’s notorious “F”; it is recognized in many music videos, concerts, magazines, etc.  FSAS clothing has been worn by many celebrities including Barker and band mates Mark Hoppus, Tom DeLonge, and Matt Skiba; skateboarders Jereme Rogers and Manny Santiago, B-Real of Cypress Hill, Tim Armstrong, Lil Jon, DJ Premier, Cassidy, Birdman, Kim Kardashian, Eminem, Hopsin, Lady Sovereign, Steve Jocz of Sum 41, and  even Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas who wore the clothing on the cover of DUB Magazine.

“We welcome all those who live their lives in passion” states their much welcoming Famous Stars and Straps website.  

Even after 19 years, the company still thrives tremendously and continues to make many national and international sales.